Friday, January 17, 2014

IT REALLY WORK'S!"

You know how we sometimes post something from "Pinterest" and wonder to ourselves, "Will this thing really work?"  Well I'm here to tell you that in this particular case and as my pictures prove, "IT REALLY WORKS!"

My husband was recently moving around a bunch of old farm machinery at his parent's farm.  He did wear older jeans but when we got home and I was laundering his clothes, there was grease (and who knows what else) in several areas on them.  I thought the jeans were hopeless!  The following picture only shows one of the many stains.  So I decided to conduct my own experiment.  I marked the stains with safety pins so I could actually tell where the stain had been after I washed them.  Mind you, this was already after I had washed them at least two times with just regular laundry detergent!

Before Washing

I sprayed the spots with WD-40  (which we purchased at the local "Dollar Store") and waited 10 minutes.  I don't know if this part was really necessary, but I wanted to give the product plenty of time to work.  I then washed the jeans on the hottest setting with a cold rinse and here is the result:
After Washing
There is just the faintest stain left which I hope to get the next time I wash them.
Trust me, it is the same pair of jeans I just couldn't get the same lighting!

Ever the analogy queen, this got me to thinking about my own life.  I, too, was in a hopeless state filled with all kinds of stains.  As a young woman, I asked Christ to be my Lord and Saviour and just as He claimed to do, He removed my stains and cleansed me.   Romans 10:9,10 says:  "That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord", and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved." (NIV)

Does that mean that I never sinned again?  No!  But when I do, He forgives me and cleanses me. (I John 1:9:  "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify (cleanse) us from all unrighteousness." (NIV)  It's a New Year and perhaps you are tired of wearing those old stained clothes of your life.  Christ can and will make you new, all you have to do is ask Him to.  And believe you me, His cleansing is better than any WD-40 could ever be!







No comments:

Post a Comment