Friday, April 25, 2014

Everybody Has A Job To Do!

I have been reading through the Bible in a year and just started Numbers.   Now, before you start figuring it, I'm just a tad behind.  Hey, I didn't happen to say what year, right?  Anyway, the most important thing is I'm reading it. I've learned over the years "to let it go" and not be too harsh with myself on these things!

The book of Numbers has proved to be more interesting that I had originally anticipated.  The first thing I noticed is how much our God is a God of Order.  If in doubt, just go back and read the specific instructions that God gave Noah for the Ark!  But here in Numbers, God had the tribe of Levi divide themselves by families and clans and their specific job was to care for the Tabernacle. The family of Kohathite was to care for the most holy things, like the ark of the Testimony, table of the Presence, etc.   The family of Gershonite was to care for all the curtains, ropes and equipment.  The Merarites were to carry the frames, crossbars, posts, and bases for the tabernacle.   Now before you get too concerned, these families had almost 3,000 people in each one of them.  And as my grandma used to say:  "Many hands make light work!"  God told them in Numbers 4:32: "Assign to each man the specific things he is to carry."  They must have been like a fine oiled piece of machinery as they worked together to get this huge portable building up and down each time they were required to move it.  If you have ever gone camping you will know what I mean.  Some of these camping people have things down to a science.  In light of this book of the Bible, I don't think we need to worry about how Christ is preparing our mansion. He's got this whole thing planned down to the last golden nail or whatever they use in Heaven!

So how does the book of Numbers relate to the body of Christ.  I Corinthians 12:12 says:  "The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; and though all its parts are many, they form one body."  You may think that just because you carry a pole or fold a curtain that what you are doing seems insignificant to what is going on in the church or the body of Christ as a whole, but I Cor. 12:18 says:  "But in fact God has arranged the parts in the body every one of them just as he wanted them to be."  Comforting huh?  Each of us is needed to complete this project called life and get us where we all need to be!

My mentoring challenge this week is to test the waters.  If you are right where you know God has placed you...Praise Him for that.  If you are unsure what your part might be, pray about it and get out there and volunteer to carry a pole or fold a curtain....for we all have a job to do!

One of my homemaking jobs is creating recipes or adding a new twist to an old one. I came up with this Baked Goulash this past week and it passed the family test so I decided to share it with you today.

BAKED GOULASH


4 cups of cooked macaroni
1 can of Rotel
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup water
1/4 chopped frozen or fresh onion
1 lb. ground beef
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1 package of colby/cheddar cheese
Brown the ground beef with the onion.  Add the other ingredients in a 9 x 13" baking dish and top with cheese.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment