Friday, January 16, 2015

"TRUE MYTH BUSTERS"

Ever on the cutting edge of technology (yeah right!) I have watched a television show called "Myth Busters".  These mad scientists take a myth such as:  "Can you really drop an egg off a ten story building without it shattering to pieces?"  And then they conduct a test to see if the myth is true or false!

I was thinking that Satan (the father of all lies) also tantalizes us with myths which we have to put to the test to see if they are true or false.  Some of these might be:

"Jesus can't love you!"   FALSE  John 15:13 says:  "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."  Christ loved you so much He gave His very life so you might live forever!

"You are not good enough to go to heaven!"  TRUE AND FALSE  You aren't good enough in yourself.  Ephesians 2:8-9 says:  "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--not by works, so that no one can boast."   When you place your faith in Christ, He is the one who cleanses you and makes you fit for heaven, because only He can make you whiter than snow!  Which is a great visual reminder right now for us living in Mid-America.

"You fail constantly, so why even try again?"   FALSE!  Paul, himself, struggled with this very thing in Romans 7:15-18:  "I do not understand what I do.  For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.  And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good.  As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me.  I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. Vs. 24 & 25 "What a wretched man I am!  Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"  None of us are perfect, but we are perfectly forgiven!  So pick yourself up and start all over again!

"No one really cares, so why should I?"  FALSE!  There are people who care, but most of all God cares! Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 says:  "Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down his friend can help him up.  But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!"   You may need to seek someone out!    There is some older woman who would love to share their life but they may not know you are looking!  Ask God to show you who can help you in your spiritual walk and your everyday life. And older ladies, ask God for someone to invest your life in.  Trust me, there is someone out there!

These are just a few myths that the evil one throws at us.  Ephesians 6: 10 says:  "Finally be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power.  Put on the full armor of God so that you take your stand against the devil's schemes."  With Christ's power we can do this ladies!

I did my own "myth buster" experiments this past week.  There were a couple of things on "Pinterest" that I wanted to try to see if they would actually work:

First I have a black kitchen sink and because we have well water it constantly shows lots of white spots.  I first took baking soda and vinegar and made a paste (as suggested) and rubbed into the sink then rinsed.  Then I took dish detergent and rubbed it on.  They suggested "Dawn" detergent but since it was -4 degrees and I didn't want to get out, I used Ajax Lemon Citrus, and then I rinsed again. Then I rubbed vegetable oil over the top of that with a paper towel.  It worked!  And has been nice all week!  Definitely something I will do again!

AFTER CLEANING!


Another project I wanted to try was on our ultra-suede recliners.  The head, and arms, were getting a little dirty.  Guess what "Pinterest" said to use?  Windex with a brush!  I did, and I noticed it definitely looked better (even my husband said it did).   I would love to hear about your myth buster experiences as well!  Have a great weekend and watch out for those myths!





                                                       





No comments:

Post a Comment