Friday, May 9, 2014

How Does My Garden Grow?

We just finished planting garden for this year.  I should say, my husband tilled and planted most of it , but I supervised so that should count for something!  A few weeks back, I did plant radishes and onions, and if the bunny doesn't get to them, we should have some in a matter of weeks.

It is an amazing thing that these little tiny seeds, that one can barely see, grow into a red crunchy delicious radish. How does my garden grow such things?  It is because it has all the elements that it needs to thrive and survive like moisture, dirt, warmth, and of course more importantly a God who orchestrates it all.  I cannot take much credit for the radish other than placing the seeds in the soil.  Remind you of a biblical principle?   How about I Corinthians 3:5-9?
"For when one says, “I follow Paul,” and another, “I follow Apollos,” are you not mere human beings?  Whatafter all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God has been making it grow. So neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The one who plants and the one who waters have one purpose, and they will each be rewarded according to their own labor. For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, God's building." (NIV)   

We cannot take credit for what God does in someones life for we are just the planters or we do the watering.  My mentoring question is this...Are we even planting the seed or watering?   For if we aren't, how can expect God's garden to grow?


Another yummy thing I picked from my garden this past weekend, was rhubarb.  Here is my favorite recipe for rhubarb pie....hope you get to enjoy some of your own!

  RHUBARB PIE



4-6 cups of cut up 1" chunks raw rhubarb
3/4 -1 cup sugar (it is sour you know!)
2 beaten eggs
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup flour
Mix all ingredients in a bowl and place in your favorite pie crust.
Add 2 Tablespoons of butter pats all around the top of the pie
Place top crust on and brush with milk.  Then sprinkle with sugar on top.
Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes then turn down to 350 and bake an additional 30 minutes.


























No comments:

Post a Comment