Friday, July 10, 2015

AND I WILL SOAR WITH YOU!

I am thinking of flying this morning and in particular soaring.  It is probably due to the fact that my mother is flying out for a visit next week.

Webster defines the word soaring as:  "to fly or glide high in the air with little effort or visible motion.  To rise or aspire to a higher or more exalted level.  To rise or ascend to a height, as a mountain."  Sounds a lot like what God does for us, doesn't it?

There is a chorus that we used to sing with these words.

LORD I come to YOU
Let my heart be changed. renewed
Flowing from the grace
That I found in You.
And Lord I've come to know
The weaknesses I see in me
Will be stripped away
By the power of Your love.

Hold me close
Let Your love surround me
Bring me near
Draw me to Your side.
And as I wait
I'll rise up like the eagle
And I will soar with You
Your Spirit leads me on
In the Power of Your love.



Isaiah 40:31 says:  "but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."  NIV

I picture in this verse, God helping us rise above each obstacle and carrying us, not under our own power, but by His.  I think I feel a poem coming on about this, and if so, I will share it with you next week.  Have a great weekend everyone and may you soar with God!


No comments:

Post a Comment